SpaceChain Weekly Report (September 23 to 29)
SpaceChain co-founders Zee Zheng and Jeff Garzik discuss the ESA grant in a video while UK Technology Director Ziheng Xiang together with CEO Zee Zheng gives us the lowdown on the project’s expansion in Europe. Meanwhile, UK Director Nick Trudgen is at the 2019 UK Space Conference, and the tech team tries to incorporate security mechanisms from either the hardware or the operating system.
The European Space Agency has awarded a grant to SpaceChain for the development of new blockchain satellite technology! Here is SpaceChain CEO and CTO discussing this exciting update!
From Sept 24 to 26, SpaceChain UK Director Nick Trudgen was at the 2019 UK Space Conference, a prestigious event for space in the UK. Attendees included the UK and international space community from across government, industry and academia. The biennial event offers a platform for international delegates to exchange ideas, explore partnership opportunities, get updates across the sector and get inspiration about the new space age. Check out the pictures from the event.
Blockchain node in space
- Our technical team discussed the important stages of space node life cycle such as processing/storing the critical data.
- We tried to incorporate security mechanisms from either the hardware or the operating system.
- As such, critical processes including processing/storing the critical data at lower-level can be well isolated from other less important processes.
- We systematically optimized the security of the our space node based on the current software security mechanism.
- This work is currently in an early stage and we expect to further improve the security of space node in the near future.
Check out our weekly report every Monday for SpaceChain’s latest news and progress.